One of the most difficult—yet important—tasks marketing and event managers face is putting together a budget for a trade show program. Determining trade show ROI from last year’s activities is an important piece of information to review. But it is more important to begin the process by setting goals for the entire program, based on what you want to achieve at each event.
Here are 15 things to consider before you start compiling numbers for a detailed budget. By answering these questions for each show you are considering, you can better determine the resources needed to support a successful trade show program.
- Why are you attending this show?
- Who are your “target” attendees?
- What are your overall goals for the show?
- How will you measure the success based on the show goals?
- What size exhibit space will you need to be effective?
- What “style” of exhibit would work best to attract the target audience?
- Do you own a custom exhibit that would be appropriate, or will you need to rent an exhibit and/or certain elements?
- If you are going to use your custom exhibit, will you need to modify it based on the show or targeted attendees?
- Will you need a private meeting space?
- Are there other aspects of an exhibit design that you would like to have? If so, make sure you prioritize your “wish list.”
- How do you plan to engage attendees?
- Will your engagement require technology that needs to be rented or purchased?
- What are the estimated costs for transportation, show services and drayage associated with the show?
- What type of marketing promotions do you have planned for pre-show, at-show and post-show outreach?
- How many people will you need to staff the exhibit?
Determining ROI and a budget can be overwhelming, but that’s where Exhibitus can help. We specialize in rental and custom exhibits that deliver measurable results, and our experienced staff can help determine a show schedule and budget that will reach your goals. For even more ways to save money, check out our post on how to improve your ROI. Contact us today so we can help you build out the perfect trade show program for your company.